Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hamthrax Makes Me Cry!


I am usually the type of person that does not get alarmed by contagious things like the flu, the cold, the pink eye, the (insert childhood illness here). I mean, my kid is in daycare, so if I spent my time "worrying" about him contracting illnesses, I would have a serious case of anxiety.

But something about the Swine Flu, aka - Hamthrax has me all hopped up! My husband woke up this morning with uber swollen glands, a pussy-white patchy throat and a big case of the "poor meeeees". He's been burning the candle at both ends as a medical student and it finally caught up with him. We're pretty sure its some sort of virus or worst case -strep throat but just the thought of my poor little Dylan having a white patched sore throat makes me want to cry ( like dylan did in his bathtime debut with cousin lily).

I'm not sure I want him to have the Hamthrax Vaccine...so now I feel like i'm playing a giant game of chess with the sneaky little porkchop germs.

When flu season is over..i'll feel like this:


1 comment:

  1. I don't know about that Swine Flu vaccine. It makes me nervous. Although they did say on the Today Show this morning that this is a young person's illness.

    I've only done flu shots once. It was Sarah's first winter and I got the flu shot and proceeded to be the sickest I've ever been. It was horrible. Since then, I've been pretty much anti-flu shot.

    Hope Craig feels better and he CANNOT spread his germs to Dylan!

    ReplyDelete