One of my most favorite Dylan developments is his Happy-Clap. He reserves his Happy-Clap for those life instances where he needs to express extreme joy. It is his toddler equivalent to jumping up and down and shouting "Hooray!".
When I came home after my first weekend away, Dylan was,of course, in the garage with his best friend - the tractor. When I stepped out of the car and ran towards him he immediately started laughing and threw his hands together for a spontaneous and exuberant Happy-Clap.
His joy was palpable and I knew that Happy Clap was his only way to express how much he missed me. He then jumped into my arms and we hugged, until.... he yelled, "Tractor!" and ran away.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I am Happy Clapping to you that Dylan has found a way to express his deep excitment!
ReplyDelete