Tuesday, December 15, 2009
All U Need is Love
I've just returned from a weekend trip to Boston for one of my best friend's weddings. It was a whirlwind of activity and I didn't get to see everyone I love but it just leaves the door open for me to come back and visit with the rest of you!!!!
It occurred to me while dancing with my best friends that when you truly love someone...friends, wives, husbands, children, oodles of time can pass but every-time you are together....it seems like just yesterday. I'm getting to the age now that when I say out loud how many years I've been friends with someone...it SEEMS like a really long time.Gathering for a wedding with your best friends and family is one of the great traditions of human life. All the pomp and circumstance serves as a marker for what is truly a right of passage.
D & K got married and every part of it was touching.
It was touching because they both looked beautiful and teary when they saw eachother in white dresses for the first time.
It was touching because D walked down the aisle to her late father's favorite tune, "My Way" and her family looked upon her with both pride and sadness.
It was touching because K danced with her father and as he twirled her around and around he realized that his baby girl was all grown up and you could see it in his eyes.
And most of all, it was touching for the mere fact that they were ABLE to marry eachother. In some states, this event would have been all for show. But all 140 of us who came together for K&D knew we were witnessing the real thing.
And it was special to be there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Thank you Erin, for being there, for helping every step of the way, for being the best reader, best friend to both of us, we love you dearly.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Living in Massachusetts has some benefits:-)
ReplyDelete