Monday, January 4, 2010

Rat Tail



My husband and I are in the midst of a hot debate. We have come to an impasse and each of us has dug in our heels.

Though our fair haired boy has a head full of wispy blondish locks, they all seem to grow towards the nape of his neck into... a point.

This point, this perfectly straight point, can ALSO be referred to as...a Rat Tail. Here we are...living in the rural south and our 16 month old goes out into the world with a rat tail.

I am begging to trim his tail.

Just a bit...just enough to evoke the idea that our boy is not a gun toting, squirrel eating, back woods, mullet growing red neck. But a refined, peace loving, soon to be well educated, veggie burger eating, handsome hair growing little boy.

But alas..my husband is attached to the tail. "It's his BABY hair!" he groans whenever I bring it up.  "He's been growing it since we MET him!" he cries.

So now we wait.

I've given a deadline of the debut of Lost on tv. And each day that tail grows longer and longer.

1 comment:

  1. Xavier had a Rats Tail when he was a baby, and one time when he was about two I "accidentally" cut it off when I trimmed his hair with the clippers. You know how wiggly those little boys can be.. ;)

    Tori

    ReplyDelete