In just over a month and a half my little baby will move up to the Toddler room at school.
The toddler room is big time.
They have a much more structured day. They eat snacks at tables and take naps on mats. They do projects, have lessons, guest speakers, more outdoor time and have an entirely different teaching staff.
I mean it's practically COLLEGE.
While I'm excited for the transition because I think Dylan is ready for more of a challenge, it makes me so sad to think that the teachers we've bonded with so far this year will be gone. Building trust in caregivers is a slow process. And although I firmly believe he learns and gains so much by the Jesus-Care experience, it's hard to let your little one go into the hands of someone new.
This morning at drop-off we met the Lead Teacher of the Toddler room. She gushed about how excited she was to have Dylan soon. His teachers now don't want him to go. They might fake his birthday or something.
He's a superstar at Jesus-Care.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



gosh, that gets me going. i have not even met him yet!
ReplyDelete