Friday, April 16, 2010
I'm in a heated Facebook discussion
I really need to "try" to not get so fired up by ignorance and blind faith.
But i can't help it!
Why DON'T sports stars thank their team or coach when they win national titles?
Why do they thank god instead?
When a doctor saves a life, the family turns around and calls it a miracle of god...how about THANKING THE DOCTOR THAT SAVED YOUR LIFE? Why devalue their 10 + years of hardwork and training by thanking an imaginary guy in the sky instead?
This whole crazy fervor about Obama canceling National Prayer Day has every ignorant person on EARTH in a tizzy on facebook.
FOR THE RECORD: He did NOT.
But for the life of me, I can't figure out why we NEED a national prayer day to begin with!
If you pray..that's cool.. Do you need a special day for it?
Because I don't pray. So i would like a national day of NO PRAYER...how about that?
Does that make sense. No..it does not...and neither does national prayer day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I don't get blind faith either - not even a little! I often get into heated discussions in real life about it.
ReplyDeleteI work with a guy who is 60 years old and he's an old school Catholic. He's a deacon at his church, he's on the board of directors...he's ALL IN.
He sent me an obvious photoshopped picture of people unearthing the skeleton of a giant (proof of David and Goliath, according to him) human and was trying to tell me it was photographic biblical evidence. I sent him a link to Snopes debunking it within 2 minutes.
Like when an actor wins an Academy Award and they thank god. Yes, Oscar Winner, your god loves you more than the other people who could have won. THAT is why you won. Not your spot-on acting, no way. Maybe next year god will love someone else more, but this is your year! It's like a free pass for sin....yay you!!
I get fired up too.