Friday, July 16, 2010

Faux Pas

When we were visiting family in Florida, we accompanied Lily to gymnastics.

Lily's gymnastics is hard core.

Envision leotards. And apparati.  And non-english speaking coaches.

Lily is a superstar in the class and we felt like her entourage.

Dylan will not be on Bela Karoli's next team.

However, he DOES truly enjoy any time he is allowed to slide into buckets of balls or bounce on something.

Lily demonstrating how to slide properly.

Since he was only going "once" we didnt' really follow the gymnastics rules.

You're supposed to follow everyone around from one station to the next.

But that's not really how we role.

We did our own thing.

And occasionally we'd bump into this other little girl and her mom taking the same alternative route around the gym.

She was a husky little girl with long curly blond hair.

And I kept apologizing when Dylan and I would accidentally bump into her or cut her in line.

At one point her mom and I were both waiting with our kiddos to climb up a ladder. I looked down at dylan and said, "It's not our turn yet Dylan, we'll go after this little girl."

Um, yeah.

Not a girl.

Her mother turns to me and says..,

"Ah..He's a BOY."

She spit the words at me with such exasperation, I KNEW she's been holding her tongue for the ENTIRE hour we were their calling her precious boy a girl.

Sigh. Oh well.

CUT HIS HAIR!

No comments:

Post a Comment