Friday, July 2, 2010

I loved...

We seemed to wait SO long for our family vacation to arrive.

It felt like June would never get here and then each day leading up to the 23rd seemed endlessly long and drawn out.

But then, without warning, the day finally came and the entire week simply whized by without so much as pause to let me savor it.



I loved...

Waking up in the morning to the sounds of dishes clinking and coffee brewing and little girl and boy voices and giggles.

The sound of Pop losing something ...again. And then Mom Mom finding it...again.

Of the dogs panting and Dylan hugging each one until someone said "Ahhhhh, that's so nice!!!"

The way we could never really make up our minds about what we wanted to do with each day. Each hour just slipping away until nap time.

Seeing my big brother playing with a dainty little 2 year old girl.



The splashing sounds of pool water and the feeling of just a "little" water left in your ears at the end of the day.

Forgetting to shower.

Watching Pa tickle Dylan until he squealed. And seeing Nana get down on the floor to play blocks with Lily.




I loved...

Encouraging toddler kisses and hugs so that we can photograph it and show them when they are teenagers.



And now that we're home and back into routine.

I miss the feeling of no routine and lazy days with no plan.

And I am silently plotting when we can do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment