Monday, August 16, 2010

Chuck E. Cheese

I have fond memories of Chuck E. Cheese.

I remember that it was SUCH a treat to go.

And that a visit entitled me to pizza, tokens, ball pits,  tickets and a sing-a-long with giant mechanical dancing creatures.

This weekend we had a photo-shoot in the big city, for Dylan's 2nd year! Here's a little sample.

Since the photoshoot was so early in the morning, I didn't want to waste our trip by just going home.

And because it his hotter than Hades down south,  we couldn't brave the zoo without also risking heat stroke.

So I decided we would explore Chuck E. Cheese!

I loved building up the excitement about our adventure. I explained the concept to my almost 2 year old the entire ride down.

"There are RIDES."

"And PRIZES."

"And MECHANICAL CREATURES!"


By the time we left the photo-shoot he was already saying.."GO ChuckyCHEESE NOW!" as if he had been waiting his ENTIRE life!!!

When we arrived I noticed they have instituted a new safety procedure. You get an invisible stamp with a number that also links you with your child.

Dylan was puzzled and a bit distressed by the magic stamp because you see it when she puts it ON but then you can't see it without a black light. Try explaining that one.

Anywhoo.

I was SO excited for chuckecheese! That I jammed my crumbled 10$ bill in the token maker and filled up the cup as if it was Las Vegas and I had hit the jackpot.

I couldn't wait to experience the first ride with Dylan.

And I spotted the perfect one. A red-neck monster truck.

Right up his ally.

Except...


This is what happened when I put in the token.

Pure Terror.
SOOOOOOOOO

Pretty much that was the end of using tokens.

Because from there on out....every time i would attempt to put in a golden token, dylan would shriek with fear.

That left us with Pizza (which he won't eat).

Prizes, which you can't win without tokens.

And Mechanical Dancing Creatures.

Which, thankfully, he LOVED.

So yeah. We went to chuckecheese and sat in a booth and watched the show. Over and over. Occasionally venturing out to sit on rides without putting in tokens.

But if you ask dylan if he wants to go back to Chuck E. Cheese he responds with a resounding...

"Yes! Fun! Dance!"

2 comments: