When we have to pick up daddy from "mommy's work"
It is the happiest part of the day.
For Dylan it means running through the hallways of an immense, squeaky clean, shiny building.
It means elevator buttons and water fountains.
It means saying "Hi!" to every hustling student with a backpack.
Trying doors that are locked but sometimes
Finding the ones that are "open!"
And all the while...Mommy and Daddy try every trick-in-the-book
to make going back
to the car sound..."fun".
"Dylan, can you help Mommy find the car?"
No.
"Dylan, I wonder if Daddy remembers where we parked.?"
Nope.
"Dylan, let's race as fast as we can to the car!"
No thanks.
Yesterday, we resorted to trickery.
We took him out of the building a super secret stealth way.
We were outside before he could complain.
But then he found the loading dock lift.
And didn't want to leave it.
I don't blame him. They are pretty neat.




Ha. ha! His hair looks so red in these pictures. I can't believe what a little guy he is turning into!
ReplyDelete