The weekend before test day is...lonely.
It means my husband disappears into a whirlwind of studying. Off somewhere memorizing the proper drugs to prescribe for various heart ailments. Chanting words I can hardly understand under his breath at every meal we actually get to see him. He leaves just after breakfast and only returns to tuck Dylan in. Then he's off again for the night.
When dylan asks..."Daddy Go?"
I respond, "Daddy's at work."
We've gotten to the point that i don't even KNOW when he comes home. I just wake up next to a body that I assume is my husband.
But then Test Day arrives. And although it brings my husband lots of anxiety and pulls him very close the brink of exhaustion. It means that we get him back!!! If only for a few days. There will be feasting and fun and time spent together laughing and playing.
Today is Test Day. And it's almost over! It makes us so happy we could squish our faces into an adorable smile.
![]() |
| Smiling on the Right To Life Bench. |



Happy Test Day, Lenzes!!!!!
ReplyDelete