Friday, September 10, 2010

Dear Dylan,




Dear Dylan,

Two years ago today you were born at 10:24 a.m. in Boston, Massachusetts.

I had no idea at that moment just how much someone could be loved. Someone so small yet so capable of making grown adults quiver with the magnitude of your very existence. It seemed at that moment, when you slipped into the world, that we could not possibly love you more.

But impossibly, every day...we do.

You have shed the shell of baby these last few months and are growing into such a loving little boy. 

You are so sensitive to the feelings of others. If we're reading a book about an animal you stop and kiss it, every time. If you hear another child crying, you furrow your brow and as me "Why Baby Cry??"  You are sooo eager to please and love to sing the "clean up!" song when we retire your toys for the evening.

You love cars, trucks, planes, trains and tractors more than anything. You can draw circles and the letter M! Your favorite movie is "Follow that Bird" and I internally groan when we watch it because it was made in the eighties and is ridiculously silly.And Big Bird turns blue, which is annoying.

You try to sing along with me to every song on the radio. And it drives Daddy crazy because neither of us know any of the words. Your daddy is a lyrics snob.

It's hard to believe that two whole years have gone by. Time moves exponentially faster with you in the world. But I wouldn't have it any other way. You bring more happiness to me than absolutely anything on earth. And I love that we have a lifetime of living to do together. 

Happy Birthday Sweetie Pie.

Love,

Mommy


4 comments:

  1. That was beautiful.


    Happy Birthday, Dylan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry! Happy Birthday, Little Man!

    And Ella just got Follow That Bird to amuse her on the plane ride to Boston.... We watched it without sound. Long story. ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a sweet letter. Thanks for sharing it!

    And in case you are wondering who I am, I wandered here from Cjane's blog. It's nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love follow that Bird. My sister and I called it "Big Bird meets the Dodos" when we were little though. :) Happy birthday D!

    ReplyDelete