This is our morning routine.
Sometime around 6:15 my bladder wakes me up by threatening to BURST and damning me b/c I never did do those "Kegel's" to get that area back in shape.
Then I crawl back in bed and fling my hand out to turn on the VIDEO part of our monitor, HOPING for just 5 more minutes of no wiggles from the white blob in the other room. It's usually a 50/50 chance that he'll snooze for a little longer.
It's around this time that I realize that i'm sleeping alone.
I usually become aware that the huge pile of down comforter next to me is not my medical student husband, but an impostor of pillows.
Because for some reason, even though he crawls into bed well after i go to sleep for the night, he wakes up earlier than I do and is already making coffee and whipping up spinach pancakes....show-off.
I then turn over and pretend that I am a lady of leisure and have no obligations or responsiblities for..oh...5 seconds. Until I hear:
"Mommy! What Doin'???" being called out into the dark by the white blob on my video monitor.
So mommy guilt drags me out of bed into the next room to put on my cheery morning mommy voice and ask the blob turned toddler how he slept and what his dreams were about.
He usually says he slept "Good" and that he "dreamed about Mammy ( our cat sam)"
Thus begins the morning. But it's not complete without a good shave.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




It's never too late for Kegels!
ReplyDelete