I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure there are some deep rooted gender differentials in humans. It certainly is a mix of nature and nurture but the older dylan gets the more obvious it becomes that he's a boy.
A boy's boy and well, mommy is a girl.
It really started to stand out when Daddy and Dylan began the game of "Tackle".
It commences with sitting on the front lawn and literally...tackling each other to the ground.
Over and over.
Incessantly.
It's exhausting to watch.
But both my 2 year old and my 31 year old LIVE for this game.
Mommy on the other-hand is not a fan of "Tackle".
It makes me cringe with the thought of banging heads, jamming fingers, grass stains on pants to get out.
I'd much rather make a spider out of pipe cleaners and Styrofoam balls (which is what I did this weekend, while watching TACKLE for the umpteen millionth time)
While my husband imagines dylan in a football uniform and talks about getting him a mini football so he can "practice"....
I can only think about the fact that i'm just a few years away from being the "mom" that sits in the stands remembering that it all started with the game of "Tackle".
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment