So this weekend marked the end of my ability to stay buried in bed while my husband ran the world I call my family.
He has a test tomorrow and the days of Saturday and Sunday meant that he had to hole himself up in the medical school building and study non stop.
So i put on my big-girl pants and sucked it up. And I survived a weekend caring for an almost 2.5 year old.
Sure it made me have uterine contractions at the end of the day.
That was probably the sledding.
And ripping apart my living room to build a fort with couch cushions SOUNDED like a good idea until I didn't have the energy to put them back.
And we may have lost track of our 3-Leggged Wonder Kitty Oscar.
But we found him again.
It was delightful, really.
Being loved-on by my boy was the perfect way to crawl back from the dead.
He rubbed my head when I laid down on the floor "You okay mommy?"
And always managed to spark me on with requests to "Play Buzz Lightyear" over and over. We both hit the hay each night with unrivaled exhaustion.
And it felt good.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





I cannot believe how much he's grown and changed since I saw him over the summer. He's turning into a little boy!! oh my...time flies...and cherish every second of it! :)
ReplyDelete