Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Miles of Milestones

I'm not sure what has brought upon all the rapid milestone reaching in our household.

Maybe it's the growing belly. Maybe it's the growing toddler.

Whatever it is, it is both exhilarating and sentimental. I smile from ear to ear but I also could burst into tears thinking about all the changes upon us. Or that could just be the hormones.

1. Toddler Bed
Our boy has transitioned so far...brilliantly.

The first night he woke up once during the night and looked around his cavernous room and burst into tears. But I was able to pat his back and he drifted off to sleep.

Last night, he used his freedom to escape when we first put him down. But all  he ended up doing was just getting onto his rocking chair and...sitting. After a quick intervention..he slept right through the night.

I've ordered him some "big boy room" supplies like new artwork and bedding and soon we will be in full swing.


2. Potty Training
This weekend he has decided that he's simply... ready. He has been waking up dry and going on the potty and we aren't far away from going right to undies.


3. Tractor Driving
What? That's not a milestone where you're from? It is here.

My husband desperately wanted to get dylan his own tractor for his 2nd birthday.

This expensive present was an expensive bust.

As he was scared of it and not quite ready or coordinated enough to actually drive it. So it has sat in the garage all winter...with the real tractor.

Until this past weekend, when the Tractor Lights aligned and our boy just got in..and drove. Like a pro.



No comments:

Post a Comment