I'm usually really good under pressure.
In fact, I absolutely think that being an athlete and playing team sports gave me the skills to handle stress in very healthy effective ways. It takes alot to rattle my cage and get me off my game.
I mean...I don't perform brain surgery or cure cancer for sick kids, it's all relative. But when you work in my field you are always "behind the scenes" of some big deal event or another. My job is to make other people look good.
But lately with all the that is going on in our personal life...work life and future life...stress has been creeping in every so stealthily.
Here is everything I have to figure out in the next 11 weeks.
1) Put on the Inaugural Graduation of a medical school for 2000 people.
2) Implement my alumni relations strategy with zero precedent.
3) Wrap up all my loose ends at work. (Plan a party in Orlando for 200, Launch a new interactive website, create an alumni board from scratch, oh and raise a bunch of money)
4) MOVE TO ALABAMA
5)Find an ob/gyn who will let me have this baby having never met me until i'm 9months pregnant and bonus...i'm high risk.
6) Find a new Mother Mary for Dylan.
7) FIND A NEW JOB.
8)Help my husband start his rotations.
9) HAVE A FREAKIN' BABY
10) Learn my way around a new city.
See...that's pretty stressful. I'd like to find a hole and bury my head but this train is not stopping so I can get off and take a breather.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



If I had just one of those things on my plate, I'd be a bitch to live with.
ReplyDeleteNo fun even if you do put on THE game face. I wish i could help. As life may have it, it seems you have already played this game, what's up with that? I guess you are in the bonus round with the added bonus of pregnancy and Alabama.
ReplyDelete