The first time I birthed a baby it seemed like this mysterious ancient scary panic-inducing process that only animals and aboriginal matriarchs really understood.
I watched episodes of TLC's "A Baby Story" endlessly to prepare. The ladies all screaming and having casts made of their "bumps" made me think labor followed a formula:
Cast your belly, Break your Water, Scream, Baby is Born.
I subjected myself to a false sense of birth scariness with the disastrous stories on "Maternity Ward" and even watched real people give birth on You Tube. Who puts that on YouTube?
But, nothing really prepares you for what will happen when YOUR baby is born. The process is amazing and the fact that you grow a human and then suddenly the human is in your arms... really is a miracle of life.
NATURAL life for those of you that remember... I'm an atheist.
Dylan was born OP. Which means basically, facing the wrong way. This lead to a very long and painful labor. And a bump on his forehead that could rival Mount Rushmore.
See?
I would really like to avoid an OP baby this time around. So my preparation for labor #2 has involved "fetus positioning". This involves me getting on the floor each night and performing a series of exercises to help Baby Bean find the correct position.
Is it working? Who knows.
It gives me something to do to feel in control, it relieves all my pelvic pain (seriously, until I started I could not put on my own pants) and allows Dylan to jump on my back and ride me like a pregnant horse.
If it doesn't work, and this baby is OP like dylan, at least I have the experience to know that I have done it before.
The NP that caught dylan, said after his birth, if i can push out a 9 pound baby OP.....then my body can do anything.
I agree.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


HI there...just popped in to say Hi. I left a comment in the totaly WRONG place--so check down a few to the post about your hubs taking the yucky boards!:)
ReplyDeleteJenni love that you found me! I follow you and can't get enough of your gorgeous photos and family. Knowing that you and your hubby survived this process with all those kiddos gives me hope!
ReplyDelete