So, shaken from our tour of baby-auschwitz, I went into the second tour very disillusioned.
I wanted Dylan somewhere warm and loving.
Somewhere that he is challenged but allowed to be a little boy for as long as he can. I know he's ready for a bigger step than home day care can provide but I was not ready to throw him into a wharehouse sized facility either.
I just wished we had this back!
![]() | ||||
| Mother Mary and all of Dylan's Tennessee Friends. |
The rooms were bright and colorful and the floors were carpeted with vibrant designs. There were beautifully organized toy areas from "kitchen" and "Dress-up" to "Make Believe" and "Story Time".
We arrived as the 2 1/2 - 3 1/2s were doing "stations". They were all at different tables playing with different objects. They were engaged, laughing and under the watchful interactive eyes of three teachers ( dressed in uniform scrubs). The 18 month olds were walking down the hallway in line with their chubby arms behind their back in perfect order.
They nap on pop up cots. Have pint sized potties in the restroom. And there are cameras in every room that i can log-into from home..even the playground is visable via webcam. And the playground has shaded play equipment with MIST-ers to help keep the children cool in the summer.
The infant room is only big enough for 5 babies and it is soothing and dim with stimulating toys. They are experts with breastmilk ( passed all my questions with flying colors), fastidious about germs, and dedicated to healthy homemade food for the children.
I could have KISSED the director... that's how happy I was. This place is perfect.
We waited until we drove out of the driveway ( did i mention it is 1 mile from our house?) before I called and said YES....please reserve spots for my children.
We found a perfect place for dylan to transition into. I brought him back the next day to see it and gauge his reaction to "school" and he was SO upset he couldn't stay!!!! He actually teared up as we were leaving!
And just like that....my trauma went to tremendous happiness!



No comments:
Post a Comment