![]() | ||
| My big boy on his first day of school. |
Dylan started at school today and it went nothing like imagined. I had been dreading the transition for him even though he talked happily about it and pointed out his new school every time we passed by ( which so far, has been every single day). I just couldn't imagine my sensitive boy being able to easily adjust to such a big change.
Boy was I wrong.
He literally barged in, found his own seat, waved goodbye and began singing "5 Little Ducks." I didn't even get to HUG HIM! So instead of Dylan crying and clinging....it was me. I balled and literally had to RUN out of the school to the car to not be caught by my son in tears.When did he get so brave and grown up?
We logged in to view him on the webcam later in the day and saw him happy, playing during splash time and napping easily. His first day couldn't have gone better. He even told me he ate Pineapple and Pizza for lunch, two foods which he has refused to eat for me in the past.
The next part of the day was spent touring the Family Birth Center.
I'm glad we squeezed in a tour before our induction tomorrow b/c I never would have learned about a crazy southern hospital room tradition of "decorating your door."
Apparently, you are not fashionable or "with it" if someone doesn't bring you a wreath or bow or elaborately painted door panel for your labor room door. The most amazing door adornments were HAND SEWN with the newly born infants initials woven into fabric. It's like dorm room decorating for 48 hours.
My husband informed the nurse that "We're from Boston, we don't do that there...and our door will be blank and boring" But honestly, I'm secretly hoping my mom buys me a door bow..b/c i have to keep up with the Jones in the next labor bed. I don't want my baby to have a blank door!
Ultimately, I'm spending my last night of freedom blogging, watching big brother, enjoying peeing without pain and thinking about my growing family.
I kissed Dylan tonight at bedtime and told him how much I loved him, how proud of him I was for being such a big boy and that there will never ever be another boy like him in my heart. No matter what little life enters our family tomorrow.....it will only expand my heart, not replace a single beat of dylan's.
I'll keep you all posted! I go to the hospital at 2pm ( central time). Let's hope that i'm not in labor for 27 hours this time!



No comments:
Post a Comment