Remember when i told you we were SURE we were having a boy?
This was our planned hospital outfit.
See? Mother and son. Er...daughter.
Julia had her 2 week check up today and is growing like a weed.
She's 91% in height and 68% in weight and is up to Dylan's birth weight now. ( 8lbs 14 oz)
She's sleeping SO good but I don't want to jinx myself, i'm sure it's going to change. We get a 5 hour block and 3-4 hour block every night. I'm more rested than when I was pregnant!
I attribute part of the success to being a 2nd time mom, knowing what to do and expect takes such a level of anxiety off of newborn care. I KNOW when she's tired, I KNOW what sort of schedule she will fall into eventually and I build our day around that concept.
Strangely enough, there is very little anxiety about anything with Julia. I don't even use a baby bag! Just toss some diapers and a blanket into my purse and I'm good to go. With dylan going anywhere was SUCH a big deal.
IN fact, I didn't leave the house AT ALL during maternity leave with Dylan.
Julia went to IHOP on DAY THREE!
And we're planning a weekend getaway to my parents in florida this weekend. Just pack up the baby and go...such a change from the first time around.
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment