Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Really Proud

Things I'm really proud of today...

Dylan is becoming so much more independant now that Julia is here. Partly because he HAS to ( i only have two hands) and partly because he's becoming more confident in himself and his self-esteem is sky rocketing.  When he accomplishes something that previously used to be so difficult he looks at me with his toothy smile and says..

"You so proud of me?" And I really am.


Julia is only 6.5 weeks old but she is ALREADY learning to put herself to sleep. Again,  partly b/c she has to ( i have another child to tend to) but also because I am more confident as a mother this go around. I know that she can do it and I know that if she cries it's not because she's suffering but b/c she's tired! Only one day of practicing and today's nap was a breeze! Just 3 mins of crying and she went off into dream land.  I didn't even ATTEMPT this with Dylan until he was 6 months old...hahahaa..that's alot of lost hours of sleep for Mommy.


My husband is flourishing in his first rotation of internal medicine. He loves the complicated cases he's seeing and is learning all the ins and outs of the REAL life of a physician. He's spotted diagnoses that his preceptor overlooked and he's  beginning to SOUND like a doctor when he recounts his day.

And i'm proud of ME! My 6 week post partum appointment was perfect, which means I can get seriously back into shape. I started weight watchers last thursday and i plan to start exercising next week. I already feel better and I can't WAIT to be in shape again. The goal is a 5k this fall...once I find one and once the opressive heat leaves this region!

So...I'm pretty proud these days.

1 comment:

  1. You have so much to be proud of!I love that our sensitive boys are so much alike. Michael always says the same thing...."are you proud of me?"after he does something new. Wish we lived closer!

    ReplyDelete