I mean, besides BEING one.
But because I had convinced myself that I would have two boys to raise I really had not let myself think about life with a daughter.I had pictured life raising little boys to big strong men. Stinky armpits, dirty fingernails. Boy issues like crashing cars and getting in fights at school.
I hadn't pictured raising a girl to a woman. What that means. How HARD that will be. But now that it has sunk in...I'm starting to understand what we are in for. Girls are mean to eachother. Girls get their periods and grow boobs! They can get pregnant and be fooled by boys into thinking they are only as valuable as the image reflected in the mirror.
Dylan is in a phase right now where he is TOTALLY in love with me. He tells me EVERY SINGLE MORNING that he LOOOOOVES me SOOOOOOO much and that i'm beautiful and LOV-UL-EEE. Even when I haven't showered in 3 days and the bags under my eyes are filled with darkness he sees only the good. Although he did tell me to take a shower today. HA!
![]() |
| Nursing Elmo |
I know in my head that Julia and i will be as close some day, but it seems SOOOO far away!!!!



Ok, this picture of Dylan made me laugh out loud... Stinking cute...
ReplyDeleteAnd I hear you about raising girls... we have a HUGE job ahead of us...