Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hold The Phone

Where have I been? Let's see...

After a fun family filled weekend playing mini golf, go-carts, bumper boats and arcade games we stopped on the way home for a milk shake...with extra cherries.

We got into the house and started to prepare dinner when Dylan told me he had to go to the bathroom. Since he is a professional pooper now, I told him to go ahead and I'd meet him in there in a minute.

When I got there...OUT came the milk shake...with extra cherries.

 All. Over. Me.

Thus began our dance with The Stomach Bug.

Personally, I'd been battling my own version for a few days. But mine was barely noticeable, just enough to make me grumpy and avoid chocolate and coffee.

Poor Dylan, who has only thrown up two other times in his little life, really didn't understand the process.

"Why doesn't my belly want the milk shake?" he asked me pitifully, covered in extra cherries.

And later, when we BEGGED him to only take sips of water and not to gulp it......and he managed to aim his bout of sickness RIGHT on his father's neck....

"I guess my belly doesn't like water either."

Always funny, even in times of sickness.

But we came through it. Nothing a day on the couch watching  the same 4 episodes of Octonauts over and over couldn't fix.

And now everything is back to normal.








No comments:

Post a Comment