Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dear Julia...

Today you turn one. ONE.

Just 365 days ago you burst into the world with so much enthusiasm the nurses had to turn my bed UPSIDE DOWN to keep you in long enough for the doctor to arrive!





Since that day you have delighted us with your charm.

You are sweet and girly. You LOVE stuffed animals and will gladly hug whatever fuzzy toy we thrust into your arms. You are OBSESSED with the Count on sesame street. Why? I have no idea. He's not cute or cuddly. But you squeal when he's on the screen.



You pretend you're shy when you meet new people but you're really not. It's all an act and knowing how to make people smile comes so naturally to you.

You are a CLIMBER. I can't leave anything out that you identify as a step or you will be dancing on tables and falling off. You are a bit of drama queen when it comes to tumbles. But I secretly love the extra hugs.

You love to wear things. I can put hats and headbands and clothes on you and you are happy in everything. YOu pick shirts out of your drawers already and try to put them on. And you LOVE when someone tells you how pretty you are. I'm going to start telling you how smart you are too...because you are.


You LOVE to read. We can spend 20 minutes reading every book in your book case. When I finish and put it down you pick it up and say "BUH! BUH!" for me to read it again.Your receptive language is truly skyrocketing and you follow directions like "Bring me your shoes" and "Where's the fan!?" so easily.

You are SO close to walking! You'll walk from object to object and take 3-5 steps but as soon as you realize that you are alone you sit down and crawl. But you love to hold our hands and jaunt around the world.


I can't imagine what life was like when you were not in our family. You are SO loved by your brother and daddy. They call you Jules.

We are so excited to be your parents. And so lucky to have such a beautiful little girl to watch grow up.

Happy first birthday Julia Elizabeth.

"But I don't want to turn ONE!!!"

3 comments:

  1. That was beautiful!

    Observations:

    1. I never knew that you had to be turned upside down while you were in labor!

    2. Julia loves the Count because when you were little, the Count was your imaginary boyfriend. He clearly has a thing for Casey girls.

    3. I love that the boys call Julia "Jules"!

    4. I am realizing that I miss my sister and her sweet southern family! I think I need a fix! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know I was obsessed with the Count???? Must be genetic Love.

    Yeah..i was literally tipped upside down. It was slightly hilarious.

    I miss you too! I would love for my kids to play with Laci and Colton! Someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You LOVED The Count! You called him your 'boyfriend' and we all had to pretend that we saw him. Julia gets that from you! :)

      Delete