Saturday, October 13, 2012

Scarecrows

I LOVE halloween. I mean we used to live in Halloween capital of the world until our journey south.

My favorite part of halloween is coming up with costumes. I prefer homemade but sometimes default to costumes in a bag.

The problem with the South is that Halloween is just not that big of a deal. I mean its still hot. Everyone is religious so they probably think that it's like devil worship to hang up a  witch on your door.

BUT we discovered that there are still some people that love Halloween down here and they run an annual Scarecrow decorating contest at the botanical gardens. It made for a lovely morning walk viewing scarecrows that were scary and some that were hilarious!

Jack in the box Scarecrow

Astronaut scarecrow

Jail break scarecrow

Taking a break at the Gardens


Giant coi pond

No comments:

Post a Comment