So last night I stayed up and watched the entire episode of the Bachelorette. I started watching the bachelor YEARS ago but gave it up for a few years because all the guys annoyed me. But I came back just in time for the best season ever ( Jason and Mollygate). So of course I had to watch this season of the Bachelorette since it features a girl, Jillian, from the last one. The guys this season range from Pilots to farmers to musicians to tech geeks to break dancers. They are short, tall, mean, nice, dumb, smart....
Anyhoo.....watching all these handsome guys vie for her attention it occured to me that I"M responsbile for raising a MAN! Some day, my little 9-month old baby is going to be a man. He's going to shave, have smelly armpits, have a job, a family, a mortgage, BODY HAIR...all those things that make someone an adult. It really hit me that it's our job to help him become that man.
There are so many things I want him to learn. I want him to be sensitive to people's feelings. I want him to be polite and open doors for ladies. I want him to trust his instincts and not just follow the crowd. I want him to work hard and be honest. I want him to respect women and stand up for people who need it. And thinking all these things made me realize..i'm practically describing my husband! Craig is almost all these things that are important to me in a man...and I'm pretty lucky that I have him to help shape and guide our son.
So for all of you who don't watch the Bachelorette, you're seriouly missing some important life reflecting television!


No comments:
Post a Comment