Thursday, August 6, 2009

I have a complaint...


I know that I've already covered my windowless office. I won't bring that up again. But my new office complaint is growing because although the furniture is beautiful and comfortable and I have oodles of space and fancy artwork . Somehow, deep within the walls I am convinced my office is connected to the woman's bathroom. I know this because we have auto flushing toilets in the bathroom. The kind of auto-flushing toilets that FLUSH OVER AND OVER because your bottom casts an intermittent shadow over the sensor. A shadow even when you are hovering, or standing up to put yourself back together again, or opening the door to leave. It's actually embarrassing when there are people IN the bathroom because I don't want any of my new colleagues to think that I am a double or TRIPLE or QUADRUPLE flusher! I want to yell out after flush number 3.."Silly, Auto-Flushing toilet!" I wonder if my co-workers are also victims of the auto-flusher? What if their bottoms don't cast as big of a shadow? I've tried everything to escape it. I've ducked. I've put paper over the sensor to calm it down. I've tried OTHER bathrooms.

Anyhoo.. as I'm sitting in my office right now. Staring at my uneven picture frames, there is a groaning sound coming through the walls off and on and with the frequency of an auto-flushing toilet. I can't get away from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment