So I didn’t think it was possible but yesterday, Dylan’s first day of “school” he went on a nap strike. No naps. ZERO naps. NADA. ZILCH. The poor little guy was a PUDDLE when I got him in the car and was asleep before we even left Kentucky (yes, we cross state lines for our jesus daycare). The problem is…he’s still on two naps a day. One in the a.m and one in the p.m. But jesus-care only shuts the lights out for ONE nap a day and that’s at 11. This is totally not Dylan’s schedule. PLUS he’s not permitted to hold his blue blanky! Some STATE LAW or something. What a CRUEL state law! Babies need blankies. We all know how fond I am of blanky like objects!
BUT….if he’ s going to go to jesus-care and eventually move up to the toddler room then he’ll need to be on this one nap a day schedule so I’m HOPING that today is a little better. Ms. Tracy, his teacher, assures me that he just needs to adjust and soon he’ll be snoozing like everyone else. I hope so. We worked SO hard creating his sleep habits and they were PERFECT.
When I dropped him off this morning at jesus-care he still just barreled as a happy guy he was a LITTLE bit more tentative than yesterday, backing up and grabbing my skirt when Eli, a visitor from the Toddler room, tried to give him a ball. He was like “Mama! I don’t do stranger balls!” Me neither honey.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment