Monday, August 31, 2009

Amusing Man.

It's just school, right? I think that's what I thought about the whole "going to medical school" concept for my family. I mean, it's just school! How hard can it be? Most of my friends have their Master's degrees. Many of them either went part time or got it all out the way in a couple of years. Isn't medical school the same thing, just like, you know...a little harder?

These are the things that amuse me about my husband now.


  1. He gets excited when he has more than 400 power point slides to memorize.
  2. He thinks is "weird" that some of his classmates party on the weekends. 
  3. He's in class 8 hours a day and then studies another 5 hours after Dylan goes to bed and comes home smelling like band-aids.
  4. He wears a button down shirt and nice pants every day. Before we moved here, he didn't even wear anything but flip flops and t-shirts!
  5. When I tell him he's on my last nerve, he asks me if i want him to draw me an actual nerve.
  6. I've had various medical instruments stuck in my ears, eyes and mouth! So far we've found that I have a mysterious black dot inside my left ear, limited ear wax and cavernous pupils. 
  7. He took my blood pressure and pulse and told me I was breathing too loud.
  8. When he practiced OMM ( osteopathic manual manipulation) on me, he pointed out what the little pointy parts were on my SPINE.
  9. I swear his idea of date night is asking me if I want to go back to the medical school at night and QUIZ him! (um, NO!)
  10. He repeatedly text messages me from class asking me to make various dr appointments for him because he's SURE one of his moles looks like the one in the book. 
It is amazing to me how different our lives have become but WONDERFUL to see how happy and successful my husband is now that he's doing something he loves!

1 comment: