Monday, November 9, 2009

CALL MY NAME!



Dylan has discovered that he has a "Loud Voice." And he also understands that he can use his "loud voice" to call people that have left the room. His most favorite person to call in the world with his "loud voice"  is Pop.

To Dylan, Pop is the bringer of all things amazing. He has the keys to the tractor. He owns a lawn mower. And will allow him to have his recently banned... golf balls. He plays loud music and says things like "You talkin' to me?!"

So when Pop leaves the room Dylan will do just about anything to get him back. And lately, this means yelling "PAWWWW! PAWWWW! PAWWWW!" over and over until Pop reappears.

Last night, er..this morning at 3AM, I awoke to a sound coming from the baby monitor.

Luckily, we have one with video so I could maintain my reclined position AND see what Dylan was doing. When I clicked the video button, I saw my little man sitting straight up in bed,  yelling "PAWWWWW! PAWWWWW! PAWWWWW!"  over and over.

He continued until suddenly it was as if his beloved Pop entered the room, and he lifted up his little hand and waved out into the darkness.

Without another peep,  he laid back down and went to sleep, satisfied his "loud voice" had worked again.

No comments:

Post a Comment