I really think I should have been a teacher. I'm actually not sure why I didn't pursue that aspiration from the get-go. I mean maybe it was because I wanted to be an FBI agent or a criminal profiler when i was growing up ( those professions don't naturally coincide with teaching). But I LOVE children. I ADORE games, pretend, playgrounds, soothing tears and building confidence in little people. Working with kids in the summers from 16 until I was 22 was the most satisfied I've ever been "doing a job." I even enjoy all the sticky stuff that can happen when parents get involved.
But, alas, that career path is on hold so that my husband can pursue HIS dream. So, for now, I vow to devote all my energy into teaching the "Number 1" little person in my life...Dylan.
This weekend, even though Halloween is over, we wanted to to do some things to stimulate our little genius egg head's brain. So we decided to carve a pumpkin. We narrated every step, showed him how we had to take out the insides. Let him feel all the gushy stuff and put the spoon inside and outside the pumpkin. As the eyes and nose and mouth took shape we had him find his own and point to Mr. Pumpkin Head's.
When we were finished, I think he fell in love.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I think you'd be a very good teacher.
ReplyDeleteYou know that's what I wanted to do when I went school. But then I realized that my patience wears pretty thin, pretty quickly. That's not a good quality in a teacher.
And I love that Dylan is kissing that pumpkin.