Friday, November 20, 2009

What doesn't belong?



What does work-life balance mean?

Does it mean doing both work and life... perfectly? Getting into work early and then out-working all your coworkers  just to make it home and cook a 5-course meal, do and FOLD all the laundry, teach your baby his ABC's, edit his 1st year scrapbook and then work out, smooch your husband and sleep for 8 hours?

Because if that's the case...I fail. 

Does it mean getting through the workday without messing up too badly, being late occasionally because you have a baby with the sniffles...taking a long lunch because you HAVE get to the bank sometime this century, sneaking out 5 minutes early so you can stop at IGA to get a rotisserie chicken to feed your family protein and then making it home just to make your toddler laugh hysterically by kissing his belly voraciously?

Because if that's the case....I think I got it. 

If the proof is in the pudding. Just look how my "life" crept into my work purse this morning when I reached into get my work ID.



1 comment:

  1. What am I supposed to see in the bag that doesn't belong?

    ReplyDelete