Monday, April 5, 2010
Friends.
Life is better with friends. It really is.
In my 31 years I have made some pretty amazing comrades over the years.
One I have known since 1st grade. Another, I bonded with in 8th grade "shop" class . In college I found a circle of girls who have become like sister's to me and some teammates who know me better than anyone else. After college, at my G-spot job, I bonded with a select few ladies who inspire me still today. And at my next job, I met a mentor and friend who I miss on a daily basis.
Down here, I'm sort of friend-LESS.
I have "work friends", people I have lunch with and can discuss various pop culture phenomenon.
I have "mommy friends", some women who have small children that we can discuss the various battles of mommy-hood.
But i don't have any FRIEND-friends.
The kind of people who you can vent to...but understand you're just venting.
The kind of girls who remember that red-wine makes your face turn red so they remember to bring a bottle of white.
The kind of ladies who KNOW that you hate being late to movies because "previews" are part of the "experience".
The sort of friends who can re-tell YOUR childhood stories better than YOU can.
It's not that i'm not good at making friends. I excel at making friends! It just hasn't happened yet.
Sigh.
Can you tell I miss my friends?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I SOOO understand. It has taken me SO long to connect in Oregon and even now I only have a few friend friends here.
ReplyDelete