Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Conversations....

This morning I had a conversation with Dylan. It revolved around the idea of going to the Zoo.

He REALLY wants to go.



We described the process of going to the zoo ( car ride, buying tickets, seeing animals) and to him  all of  that sounded amazing and needed to happen... immediately.

I explained that we couldn't go until the WEEKEND. A concept that is VERY hard to describe.

"Mommy and Daddy have to work today, so we can't go to the zoo until we don't have to work."



He responded with, "Yeah, mommy has to TYPE today?"

See, that's what the thinks we do all day....type.

Which I mean, is sort of true.

But whenever I mention having to go to work, he asks me if I'm going to" type."

I love that he reduces everything that I do to typing. Because that's really the most physical thing I do all day. Besides giving tours. It takes amazing dexterity to walk backwards and expound upon the wonders of medical technology...but he doesn't see me do that.

3 comments:

  1. That's reducing your job to the simplest terms. Can you imagine a day without typing?!? ACK!!!!

    I remember when our kids were little we had to refer to days by the number of "sleeps". Like it's 4 more sleeps til Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does he associate "work" with "typing"?? Hahaha...that's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's because every-time he visits I'm sitting at my desk typing!

    ReplyDelete