Friday, February 18, 2011

Thirty-Two

My husband's 32nd birthday was yesterday.

In the 10 or so years we have been together, birthdays have never been much of a big deal. We each turned 30 without much fanfare, since we had an newborn. We've sometimes given great presents, sometimes not. He doesn't eat cake and I don't care for it...so we don't really do candles.

But once in those ten years, I simply FORGOT my husband's birthday.

I woke up, went to work and it wasn't until I got a phone call FROM my husband did I remember the day of his birth. My bad.

So ever since, I try really hard to do a "little" something special...and at least not FORGET.

This year we gave presents and Dylan and I went to the store and picked out a birthday cupcake for Daddy. Knowing that the birthday cupcake for Daddy was actually a birthday cupcake for Dylan. But the sentiment was the same. We loaded it with candles, turned the lights off and sang The Song.

And then Daddy and Dylan ate the cupcake.

Sort of.

See, Dylan likes the IDEA of cupcakes more than he actually LIKES cupcakes. So the poor thing really didn't get eaten....just man handled.



No comments:

Post a Comment