Meaning....I have and will soon be giving birth again.
And I also have a litany of complaints about the process of gestation.
![]() |
| I shouldn't have to tell you that this is not my actual belly. |
Now that I'm in round two of this game in life....I feel sort of like an expert.
Except, i'm not. Because every ache and pain feels new and different and I'm convinced at all times that this/that/or the other thing can't posssibly be NORMAL.
For instance...I have, this time around, excruciating sciatic nerve pain.
During my nightly pee ritual I literally can't walk for the first 1 minute I stand up b/c the lightening bolt of pain that runs down my back to my legs.
I also cannot tolerate water. IN fact the thought of drinking a glass of water still makes me want to hurl. Yet i'm chronically thirsty. DESPERATELY parched. So i've taken to brewing my own decaffeinated iced-tea sweetened with honey. It's the only thing that keeps my cells hydrated. Except i'm paranoid that I will have brown teeth.
The only similar feeling in this pregnancy, is my ridiculously painful pubic bone pain.
YES. My pubic bones are rubbing together and it feels like....like...like... TWO BONES GRINDING TOGETHER. Last time this showed up in the 3rd trimester...this time...it's already here.
But even though this body was not made for birthing....there are some really endearing moments in this pregnancy.
Endearing Moment: Dylan told me yesterday that when the New Baby comes, he can sleep with him in his big boy bed. He will hold him and make sure he doesn't fall out.
Endearing Moment: While struggling to get up off the floor from playing trucks..Dylan came and gave me a lift...BY THE BELLY.



I get it. This is why my body only did it once.
ReplyDeleteI am giggling at the disclaimer under the photo, because can you imagine Dad thinking it's really your belly? HA!