There are some things I'm strict about..... and some things i'm not.... when it comes to child rearing.
Television? Not so strict.
Clearing your plate? Eh...that's why we're fat.
Manners? You betchya.
Dylan has been taught to say "Excuse Me." "Please" and "Thank You" from day one. One of his first two word phrases was "Thank You."
We're working on "May I be excused".
Right now he shouts it...and it sounds like this..."MaybeKUUUUUSSSEEEED!!!!!"
But... its hard to work on SHARING when you're an only child. I can only assume that he works out that skill in childcare.
Today our childcare provider told us that Dylan is indeed...the BEST sharer of the group. He never lets anyone be without a toy and will go out of his way to make sure everyone is "playing with something." She said that he's always concerned with people's feelings!
I could have cried, I was so proud.
Now i'm sure that will all change when he actually has to SHARE all the TIME when the new baby starts swiping his goods.
But for now, I'll take pride in my sensitive boy and his good manners.
Friday, April 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment