My baby is sick today.
He's sporting a high fever and he's just not the same little boy. My husband and I have split the "sick" day and this is my part of the day to be at work, but I can only think about being at home.
Such is the life of a working mom.
Since he hasn't been sick in months and months it got me all freaked out about starting a new childcare situation when we move. New germs. More fevers.
Plus this time i'll have a newborn to think about....i hate germs and newborns mixed together. The first time Dylan had a fever I cried and made Craig come home from work. It was 100.4.
And maybe you all remember this fiasco.
So fever phobia aside, I truly believe that our first priority will be to find a new care situation for Dylan. I want him to have a routine a few days a week that helps him make friends, try new things and let's me focus on the new baby. PLUS it will make eventually/hopefully going back to work in the fall MUCH MUCH easier if my toddler is already adjusted. He's soooo ready to learn and deserves to have a day of fun rather than a day of sleep deprived mom.
But even though there is SO much to do in preperation... as i scope out our new southern life i'm getting more and more excited. It's a real city with real things to do for children. There's art museums, water parks, bounce playgrounds and libraries! And a VERY active Mother's group..which i plan to be a part of, if not the president.
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment