Everyone always makes comments about the "terrible two's", but honestly, I think the "two's" were not that terrible.
It's the THREE's that have me in a tizzy.
Now, granted, my almost three year old has dealt with ALOT of transitions in the last few months: Moving, New School, New Sister and a less available Daddy.
But because he has the verbal reasoning of a lawyer these days, EVERYTHING requires a discussion and negotiation. We've even had to ACTUALLY discipline him with time-outs and "go to your room" and lots of natural consequences. We've made BIG impressions by forgoing promised ice cream cones and full on leaving restaurants when his behavior has been unacceptable.
It's hard. I try to remember that he's only THREE and impulse control does not come naturally or easily. I have high expectations and sometimes it's just not feasible for a preschooler to sit still or not jump on the couch...i mean I would want to jump on the couch if I wouldn't break it!
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I must agree! Two was fine for both my kids, when they hit three it was a different story. Each year brings new stages. Dylan has gone through so many changes. I promise it gets better!!
ReplyDelete