Monday, February 27, 2012

Lost and....

I"ve lost a lot of things in my life.

Weight.

My Wallet.

My Keys.

But somehow they all found their way back to me.

 Whether it was an elderly man at the movie theater. An honest bartender at a drinking establishment. Or chips and salsa. SOMETHING intervened to help me find the things I lost.

But when I woke up last week and realized I had not seen my diamond engagement ring since I took it off because of a soap rash. I almost threw up.



Because the ring was not insured.

Something only a bonehead would neglect to do for almost SEVEN YEARS.

 And I was that bonehead.

I tore apart my room. I cried. I blamed my husband. My child. My lack of sleep.

 I grieved for the fantasy I had of giving it to my son some day to remake and ask his own love to be married. I teared up just thinking about the morning my husband proposed, how nervous he was, how much he planned and saved to buy me that precious ring.

And then I resolved to just let it go. It was just a thing, not the LOVE that it represented.

And then I asked my husband to make his own sweep of the house. Which seemed like a hail mary because my husband cannot find anything even when it is right in front of his face. So he enlisted Dylan, a couple of flashlights, and within 3 minutes had found my treasure...in my underwear drawer.

I burst into tears. It was hard to explain to a 3 year old how you CRY when your happy. But I hugged him and my knight and shinning Armour, my husband.

And today the ring will be insured.

No comments:

Post a Comment