Shingles. It's not just for your roof anymore.
Because i have them. AROUND MY EYE.
About 4 days ago I thought I had a sunburn on my left temple. It was achy and tender to the touch. Oddly, I hadn't been sun bathing. But I figured the glare from the Alabama Heat got to me in the car.
3 Days ago I was annoyed enough to tell my 3/4 Dr. Husband about the tingle. He told me it was probably nothing. "I've felt that a MILLION times." he told me.
2 Days ago I took some Motrin and felt marginally better but the pain seemed to radiate into my eye socket. Not fun.
Today I woke up with weird bumps on my temple and extreme tingle/burning/hurting. And my mommy gut told me it wasn't normal. It hurt to THINK About brushing my hair.
I got into a dr fast, thanks to connections and was pretty much diagnosed with a shingles outbreak. The bummer is that it is close to my eye, so I'm seeing an ophthalmologist tomorrow to make sure the thing is still functioning.
Guess what? Shingles HURTS.
And you know what else? Julia has not had the chicken pox vax which puts her at risk for developing chicken pox from me. Awesome.
I love nerve diseases!
![]() |
| Waiting to find out if I have the roofing disease. |



No comments:
Post a Comment