I know there have been some dead spells but I think they were warranted...Morning Sickness from Hell Spell, I Just Had A BABY Spell, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NEW TO SAY Spell.
This latest spell has been a doozy. I affectionately refer to it as the "Scared Out Of My Mind About My Baby Daughter Phase" and it's almost over.
Almost.
On Saturday we had just settled down for a pancake breakfast when I noticed the Julia just wasn't herself. First of all, she LOVES to eat, especially pancakes. And she just wasn't into it. And the night before she went from sleeping through the night to waking up multiple times and needing alot of help going back to sleep. And then there was the fever that never left. And the fact that my "I never sit still for a second" daughter only wanted to be held.
We decided to just bring her in..i was SURE she had an ear infection.
And she did...two of them. But that's not all.
The doc took one listen to her lungs and didn't like what she heard. They brought in an oxygen probe to check her o2 levels and they were low 80s.....normal is close to 100. Without delay she said that she would be admitted immediately to the hospital. THE HOSPITAL.
I cried. Having a baby in the hospital is scary.
We went over right away and things just got worse. They decided she needed oxygen and out came the nasel thingy.
Her fever was skyrocketing. She barely moved in my arms. They started IV antibiotics which meant, naturally, an IV...in her hand. It was TORTURES to watch them place the IV in her...she screamed...and I just cried all over her.
And then the night came. Dylan, our sensitive boy, needed to have one of us home..he was so AWARE that something wasn't right, so because Julia does not take a bottle...Craig went home to see him off to bed.
And I stayed at the hospital while Julia slowly improved.
The nighttime was awful. Neither of us slept and I just waited for the sun to come up because it meant Craig would be back and I could Pee, Eat, and sleep.
And finally, after two nights...it was time to go home.
Poor baby. So anyway, that's my excuse.

















Having a baby in the hospital has to be the scariest thing ever. You feel helpless and just want to make your little one better. It sucks. :(
ReplyDeleteI hope she gets better soon!!