Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Birthday Party

We went to the first "Birthday Party" that Dylan has ever been to before.

Not a family party.

Not a baby party.

A real... I might remember this party type of event. It was held at a jumpy place with arcade games and loud obnoxious dinging and buzzing.

Buying a present for the birthday boy was a very good lesson for Dylan. It meant picking something that you think someone ELSE might want  but not getting something for yourself.

This was hard. Harder on my husband than dylan.

 But we stuck firm and though we had some tears, he eventually understood.

And then there was the awkward arrival at a birthday party where WE didn't know anyone and only Dylan did.

Depending on a 3.5 year old to introduce you to his friends is not a good idea for future reference.

But we recognized most of his friends and I introduced myself to all their parents.

The best part was singing happy birthday, cake eating and watching the boy open his gifts. When my husband and I were picking out the gift with Dylan we had two options.

1. Pick something we know he will play with alot
2. Pick something that looks AMAZING when you open it but he probably won't play with that much.

We went with shock value. And got a HUGE amount of WOW! and I WANT THAT! and That's AMAZING!

Dylan was so proud and yelled out.

"I BROUGHT HIM THAT!"

And of course Miss Julia enjoyed the festivities too. Even catching a ride with Stuart Little.


No comments:

Post a Comment