We got a phone call yesterday that Dylan was having a very bad day at school. So bad that he was spending time in the office.
![]() |
| The Criminal |
His offense? Refusing to put his hands in his lap and humming.
Now, in normal world this would be normal 4 year old behavior. But Dylan's school is very discipline oriented, which usually I love.
I mean who doesn't want to hear their child say "Yes, Mam" and "No, Sir" and learn self control and patience? But sometimes I think they expect alot out of these little packages of people.
However, I am NOT okay with ignoring a teacher's requests. And I believe in showing respect above all else.
When we picked him up he was told that he was losing Karate for one day and he burst into tears.
We came home and completed his class work that he missed out on doing because he was in the office and we also wrote a letter to his teacher. Well, actually I wrote the words: "SORRY LOVE, DYLAN" and he traced it.
His little eyes were puffy from having cried so much during the day and I could tell that he was exhausted from forcing himself to be MAD all day. Once his "punishment" was complete and we had said what we expected we let it go and got down to playing outside and taking a walk to blow off some steam.
I dropped him off htis morning with a new set of "Listening ears" and a "brand new attitude" and he gave his teacher his card and her eyes welled up with tears. She told him that she missed her Dylan and was glad he was back.
Crossing my fingers that today is a good day!



Could Michael and Dylan be anymore alike! I got a similar call last year in Kindergarten that Michael wasn't singing and dancing in music class.
ReplyDelete