Saturday, March 9, 2013

Finish Line

We crossed the INSANITY finish line!!!! 25 Pounds Lost.



This is the first athletic challenge I have met since my half marathon in 2007. Every other time I attempted something big athletically since having children, I gave up. But not this time!

This last week was hard.

With only one recovery day and 5 other days of Plyo, Circuit, and Max Cardio. It was intense and at least half the mornings I woke up with NO DESIRE to sweat. But something about the habit and teamwork of it all with my husband has made it click.

My husband is protesting posting his before and after shots on my blog. If you know me, and REALLY want to see, you can email me and I'll send you the pictures. They are amazing. He looks so good!

I wish I did pictures.

At the beginning I couldn't fathom being able to change my body. I couldn't BARE to see it captured on jpeg. So I just wasn't interested in documenting how far I'd let myself go. But NOW it would be so nice to compare because I KNOW I look so different. I feel so different.

In the first week, after having been stagnant for SO long,  pregnant and nursing for almost 4 years with a small little break in-between  just moving my body with any sort of speed was alarming. Things moved and jiggled in a way, as an athlete, I'd never felt before.

 I. Was. So. Heavy.

Not just in the weight sort of way. In the atrophied muscle sort of way. In the lack of desire sort of way.

Today, as I was pushing myself to the brink of exhaustion I could feel each individual muscle group. I could isolate parts of my abs. I could stretch and bend and feel steady.

 I. Felt. Light. And strong.

While this isn't a true END of Insanity for us. We're starting round Two on Monday.

  I want to savor this accomplishment. To be proud of reaching a finish line and a goal I have set out on.

Hooray for me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment