Monday, March 11, 2013

Match Day Part 1

Today is Match Day. Well, one of TWO match days this week.

Today, at noon, we find out IF we matched.

We'll get an email saying "Hooray! You and a place you put on your list thought enough of each-other to commit to a four year gauntlet of hell"

Or

We'll get an email telling us we have not matched and to head back to the drawing board/dart board.



We don't find out until Friday, exactly WHERE we matched. However, if we matched, we have a pretty good idea where it will be. So today really is the big day.

Today is mildly stressful for my husband.

Personally, I've thrown my hands up in defeat.

There is nothing I can control or plan about this process. I have learned to let go.

 We will be happy wherever we make our home. We will find good schools. A decent rental and my husband will be doing what he has worked SO hard to become. A Physician. Wherever we end up will be the beginning of my new journey too. I will become what I want to become. And we will all live happily ever after. See, what denial can help you overcome?

 For now, we wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment