It's been 4 years now that we have missed Marathon Monday. Each year until this one I have remembered that feeling of waking up on a Massachusetts Only holiday ( Patriot's Day) and making my way into town to celebrate the amazing athletic accomplishment that is the Marathon.
It involved taking the T, beers, good food, laughter.
This past monday was terrible.
The images will forever be etched into my brain. The feeling of "Wait, my friends are there!" will forever be in the pit of my stomach. The pride I felt for Boston and everyone there is still immense.
I obsessed way too much about the entire ordeal. Refreshed my twitter a million times a day to find some bit of information that was new. I scrutinized the released photos, as if, I may personally know these terrorists somehow. I snuck watching the news while I made dinner and the kids were playing outside.
It taught me that we have no control sometimes. And I have to let go.
And it taught me that there are evil people in the world, and a lot of good ones.


No comments:
Post a Comment