Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mom Mistakes

Today, I am a bad mom. Here are my most recent non-life-threatening mom-mistakes. Hopefully, none of these will leave Dylan in therapy 30 years from now.

  1. Giving him a Tupperware of cheerios in his car-seat before driving to Jesus Care today. Why I thought it was smart to give a child barely 12 months old complete control over container of thousands of tiny oat cereal o's in THE CAR...without supervision..i have no idea. Every single cholesterol reducing "O" was found IN his car seat or on the car floor. (except for the 25 or so he ate off of us lap.)
  2. Letting him lick the remote control, or his shoe, or a wall. Seriously, this kid loves to lick strange things! We've tried to designate one remote the "Dylan remote" we even bought him a sesame street style contraption to LICK all he wants! But for some reason..Direct TV seems to make the most scrumptious flickers of all.
  3. Forgetting his bottle at home. We're in the midst of weaning from bottles and breast milk but the poor baby still gets a morning and nighttime bottle. My plan is to wean slowly but for some reason I just decided to leave his beloved bottle at home today! So now he's at Jesus-Care, bottle-less.
  4. Sending him to daycare in a too-tight onesie. I stretched it...I only buttoned ONE button in the crotch, but still my long torsoed mini-Micheal Phelps is sporting a major wedgie today.
*sigh*

Hopefully I can pick up the mom slack tonight when i pick the little bugger up.


1 comment:

  1. Those are MINOR mom mistakes.

    It's like the Irish Prayer!

    May your back seat be will forever be full of french fries, chicken nuggets and dried up ketsup....
    May your Direct TV remote be forever laden with Dylan's DNA.....
    May your child forever learn that sometimes the drinks don't pour freely.....
    May you sqeeze out every ounce of wearable-ness out of every onesie.....
    Until your youngest child is an adult, may you always be able to laugh at your mom mistakes!!

    ReplyDelete