Find out WHY by clicking here.
My letter to the CEO.
Dear Mr. Gernert,
As a professional working mother and consumer of your products, I am shocked and outraged at the firing of an employee for pumping while on the job. Despite the ruling of the courts ( to the letter of the law mind you), I believe that as a corporation who employs females and aspires to create products for women, you have an obligation to create a work environment that encourages rather than discourages breastfeeding. Lactation is as natural a human process as urination and I can guarantee that you have not fired a single employee in the history of your company, for taking unauthorized "pee breaks".
Breastfeeding not only helps to ensure that your employee's children are as healthy as possible but may even reduce the number of sick days, doctor visits and personal time your employees must take to care for sick babies. You have set a terrible precedent for your corporation,and I feel sorry for your employees.
You have done a HUGE disservice to females at your organization but also to your female consumers, who will surely boycott your products for those companies who are lactation friendly. count me out of Totes/Isotoner products from now on.
Respectfully,
Princess Buttercup
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment